Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Fitfy-one

I am fifty-one. This is my fifty-first blog entry. There are fifty one cards in a deck that's missing the ace of spades. Coincidence? Maybe.

Last year when we had an inspection I walked around the night before and checked everything out. Everything was okay. The nice lady young lady got here at nine in the morning and we took a tour of the property. In one of the hallways the plastic light cover had fallen down some time during the night and shattered. It was laying there in pieces on the floor. I felt like a fool.

This morning we had this year's inspection. I did a quick walk through at eight AM in order to prevent a repeat of last year's embarrassment. The place looked fine. This year our supervisor was on hand for the inspection which started at nine. It went real good. The place was clean and fresh and all the light covers were in their proper places. The inspector left and I went to warm up a cup of tea. I got my tea and headed back to the office, shutting the door behind me.

BLAM!

"What the..??". I looked around and there in the hall a white plastic light cover lay shattered on the floor.

Coincidence?

OWL

June 5, 2007

No comments: