Friday, October 30, 2009

EXTRA! EXTRA!

Someone is cutting down trees on their own property! Call a reporter! Make those nasty people stop! I live near the property where 50 oak trees are being cut down. (Union Democrat, Feb. 8). The clearing of this property has been going on for several months and I am glad it is being done. It sits in the middle of a densely populated area and is overgrown with oak, pine, willow, blackberry, poison oak, brush and dry grass. Some may describe it as "pristine". I prefer the term "fire hazard". There are some fine old oaks there but you have to look hard to see them from the road. So it does need cleaning up. Should I tell the owner how I want that done? If it is not done to my liking should I get the county involved? Should I make a new law so I can tell you what to do or not do with your trees? Maybe. Or maybe if I wanted to save these trees I could just buy the property in question. I live in a house where oak trees once stood. The property I manage was parkland years ago. The store where I buy my groceries stands on what was once a meadow. Etc. So if I really wanted to save the trees in Tuolumne County maybe I could just move somewhere else. Let a newcomer from Oxnard have my house, and office. I've enjoyed the foothills long enough, time to give some one else a chance. Or I can shut the gate at Jamestown and tell the rest of the world, "I got mine. Go away!"

OWL

Oct. 30, 2009

No comments: