Friday, October 30, 2009

just a little ring

I have a telephone answering machine. This is a handy little device that allows friends, family and clients to leave messages for me when I am unable to come to the phone. Unfortunately it has only a limited memory and can take only a finite amount of messages. Now just imagine what is going to happen if every political party, self interest group and dime bag politician running for office leaves a message on my machine. It will become useless for its intended purpose and I will be forced disconnect it and throw it away. Recently two messages have been left on my machine in support of the current governor of Kalifornia which makes me want to wrap it up, drive down to Sacramento and put it some place warm and dark. Sideways. However this plan is not practical because Arnold is much larger than I am. And he has bodyguards. I digress. The practice of using peoples answering machines for advertising purposes, political or otherwise, must be discouraged. The fact that nether of the actual organizations involved, the California Republican Party or the California Chamber of Commerce, left a phone number, physical or email address to reply to was insulting. They invade our space with television and radio advertising, campaign signs and endless piles of junk mail. Then the message they leave on your phone seems to imply “Don’t call us, we’ll call you”.

OWL

Oct. 30, 2009

No comments: