Sunday, April 22, 2007

Day Five

Today is Sunday, the last day of five days off. The longest time off I've had since I started this job a year and a half ago. My intention was to spend some time in the garden and some time in the shop. I did do a lot in the garden but not what I expected. The weather turned cold the first day so I didn't plant so much as I had hoped. And it is hard for me to get real enthused about the garden when it is so cold. It even frosted the one night and I lost some plants. That's OK, because of the warm weather I had planted about a month early. I knew I was taking a chance, I would have covered things up but the weather report said it wasn't going to get that cold. Never trust the weatherman with your dreams. My son and I went out yesterday and got a drainage ditch dug around the corner of the garden. He did most of the digging, he is bigger than I am. It has been cloudy on and off for the last five days, they kept saying it was going to rain, but it didn't. Until today. We got a good soaking rain today. I went out to garden earlier and stood there in the rain watching the water flow down through the new ditch. It is working great! The rain is so nice, we need the water here in the Sierras.

So I have been sitting here in front of the monitor, listening to the rain and the click clack of the keys. Taking to Le-animal on the phone and drinking hot tea. My favorite drink. Tea hot or cold. And honing my writing skills. Getting frustrated about two things. One, my very slow typing. Up until now my slow typing was OK because I didn't have much to say and I spent a lot of time thinking about how I wanted to say it. Two trying to write in a manner different than what I am used to. More of a stream of conciseness type thing. More about what I am doing and feeling and thinking right now!

Well I got to wrap this up and take the loving family to church!

OWL

April 22, 2007

No comments: