Sunday, April 8, 2007

I CAN SEE MY OWN ARSE

"Hindsight is twenty-twenty."

That's why wars hardly ever happen and never between two counties that have fought before. That's why the divorce rate is so low. And why you never hear of anyone who has been divorced twice.

"Hindsight is twenty-twenty."

Ask ten people, "What just happened here?" You will get ten different responses. People tend to hear what they want to hear and see what they want to see. Their memories are even more selective. After hearing and seeing only what they wanted then they remember things with the same faithfulness to reality. And memories change over time. Clear memories fade and fuzzy ones are sharpened on the whet stone of the imagination.

Ever have a conservation of seemingly little importance and then get into a argument about it latter.

"You didn't tell that we were going to your mom's house for dinner."

"I thought I did."

"Well you didn't."

"Yes I did."

"When."

"Yesterday at lunch. I said "Were going to mom's for dinner". I know I said it I remember it clearly now!"

Yeah. Our memory plays tricks on us and we play tricks with our memories. The brain is much more useful that way than tape recorders. What's in the brain can be easily edited for our convenience.

"Hindsight is twenty-twenty."

Which makes me wonder why I do the same stupid stuff over and over.

"Hindsight is twenty-twenty."

I can tell you exactly where you went wrong.

"Hindsight is twenty-twenty."

We can avoid this problem in the future if you just do what I tell you.

"Hindsight is twenty-twenty."

It wasn't my fault."

"Hindsight is twenty-twenty."

I can see my own ass.

OWL

April 8, 2007





No comments: