Thursday, March 22, 2007

To Tell the Trruth

The congress wants members of the administration to testify before committee. George W. Bush sez that's OK as long as the testimony is NOT under oath. When "W" and Dick Cheney testified before congress it was sans oath. I thought the idea of testifying was to tell the truth.

I'm learning to tell the truth. Part of my program of recovery. I am an alcoholic. So I am trying to grasp and develop a manner of living that demands rigorous honesty. So here I am getting used to the idea that I can let people see the real me. Stirring up the old bones and dusty knick-knacks on the bookshelf of my brain and baking them up as mental snacks for you gentle reader.

Today I return the SUV that was loaned to me while my Subaru was in the shop. I will be much more comfortable in my own vehicle. Much like sleeping in one's own bed, it just feels right.

May the rain that falls up on your shoulders water your dreams.
May the dog that pisses down your leg get dysentery in his master's house.

OWL
March 22, 2007

No comments: